April 28, 2010

Say What #1

An occasional post where I review my twitterfeed over the last x hours and post some juicy ones.

Popularity Contest
(being where I was retweeted)
Remind me ... why exactly did people elect Kevin Rudd? What was it he was going to do? /via @GreenJ not be Little Johnny nose hair
Is Jon Stewart the TV equivalent of a Cyberbully? 24 mentions of Fox News so far this year!http://nyti.ms/cOpFB2
libs should cut the crap on a lot of things really. Especially electing anachronisms as leaders #alot
 I hope little Kev enjoys his discount purchase of a second term. #smallbrainssmallideas

Raiding Gizmodo

Today I had an interesting back and forth with one or two others over the all too often used 'fanboi' term or "Applevangelists" in this case when it was alleged we would be 'defending Apple' because the Police in San Mateo county, California raided a Journalist house as part of a felony investigation.

I wrote;
Gizmodo should have checked the California law on receipt of stolen goods. Journalism, FTW!

For me, experience tells me - in any country, Police tend to raid first and ask questions later. So we shouldn't be surprised. The suggestion that Apple were prompting the raid was just ridiculous. So I wrote;
AFAIK, if the Police are asked to investigate a crime, the complainant doesn't really dictate the terms of the investigation


The rest of the conversation was mainly asking questions. I don't know enough about California law to judge. In any case, plenty of others have a more informed opinion on this one;
reading @hblodget on the Gizmodo, iPhone thing. It appears the Police have overstepped the mark.
Leaving Facebook

I'm still toying with the idea of committing Facebook suicide due to their ridiculous tell everyone everything non-privacy;
deleting Facebook Applications in prep for possible FB-suicide due to this FB everywhere crap

Twitter love

I need a tiler for a small job for my house. The Joy of twitter includes getting numbers!



Appreciating Politicians

The ruling party in Australia is outdoing itself this week
I hope little Kev enjoys his discount purchase of a second term. #smallbrainssmallideas


Mind you the other crew are trailing in their wake
Libs should cut the crap on a lot of things really. Especially electing anachronisms as leaders #alot

and finally...

It's 2010, there should be Hoverboards!
allegedly this ipad thingymajig is a cleverly disguised hoverboard #2010 

No comments:

Post a Comment